Tuesday 27 October 2009

Protestman Pat

I for one am in full support of the strikes at Royal Mail, these guys are standing up for what they believe in and so they should. We have to stick it to the man and show him we're not going to be messed around, we have to show that we are all equal and deserve a decent pay for a decent days work. Forget all else we need to fight for what we know is right!

That said, it is a doubled edged sword for me as I have been waiting for a Cat Stevens CD to come from Amazon and as yet it hasn't arrived. It was supposed to come last week the same day as the strike but for obvious reasons it didn't, that's fine I don't mind it's all part of the game we play, as a protest singer and freelance activist I have to be willing to compromise and accept certain sacrifices in order to get our way, but seriously, it's been two weeks now since I ordered it. I emailed the customer support team at Amazon and they have assured me it has been dispatched but there's still no sign of it. Come on guys, I truly understand the need to strike, OK, you know if you're not getting paid fairly then the best thing to do is stop working but you know, you're not on strike now so there's no excuse for shoddy workmanship. I've missed out on three days of protesting and that's just because I had to wait in for the post. We don't have a big letter box at my flat you see, so I have to be there to accept packages and larger letters because if I don't then they deliver them to next door and he never gives them back. And if you're reading this Gary; then yes I mean you! I'm still waiting for the third season of Lost, season four has already arrived but I have absolutely no idea what's going on now. I literally am lost.

Anyway keep fighting the system guys you have my support.

Jerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment