Friday 9 October 2009

Give Barack A Chance!

Hey there blog fans, fight the cause!

I just thought I'd better say a quick congratulations to President Barack Obama for winning the Nobel Peace Prize. Obviously it being a prize you win for spreading peace is something I deeply believe in supporting, and who better to win it than old Barry! Now I know there's been a lot of criticism about it, what with people saying 'oh he didn't deserve to win' and 'he hasn't done anything yet' and 'It's a bloody outrage' and yeah, while there may be some truth to that all I am saying is, give him a chance. Just like John Lennon used to say. And he was a big fan of peace, he was always banging on about it. Mind you I don't think he ever won an award for it. He does have an airport named after him though, so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose. He probably didn't win one though because while he said he was doing stuff for peace he was never out of bed, that is one thing Baz has against him. I bet a day hasn't gone by since he was elected where he's thought 'you know what? I think I deserve a lie in today'. In that sense he's much more hands on than John.

I have nothing against Mr Lennon himself, he seemed to be a lovely guy but I did have problems with his messages. Yes he was all for peace but as I've said A: he couldn't drag himself away from the duvet and B: He was always a bit near sighted in his goals. 'Imagine' was a great song but you can imagine a world with no possessions all you want Johnny boy but just imagining it is doing no good. You have to actually do something about it. What if Martin Luther King had just imagined a better world and left it at that? He'd have had his dream then rolled over and snuggled up to Yoko to drift off again.

So yeah I'm all for Barack winning the prize, good on him. I'm doing what I can for peace and while I'm not doing it for the accolades it would be nice to know that your good work goes appreciated. The closest I've got to that is getting a certificate to show I completed my level one water safety course and all I had to do for that was wear my pyjamas in the pool and swim with a football under my chin. My friend Gary was livid because he didn't get his certificate, the teacher said if the demonstration doll had been a real child then they would have drowned before he'd even got his shirt off. I used to bring my medal in every week just to rub it in. It was brilliant. I imagine that's how Mr Obama is feeling right now...although I don't think he gets to sew a little badge into his trunks.

Anyway that's all from me for now, keep doing what you can and remember if you want to MAKE a difference, you have to BE the difference. That's got nothing to do with being a tranny. If you're into that you need a different blog.

Ciao

Jerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment