Monday 12 October 2009

Greenpeace please!

Hey Bloggers, it's me, fight the cause!

Now some of you may have noticed that yesterday 50 protesters from Greenpeace scaled the walls of the Houses of Parliament to protest about climate change, 20 of the fellas are still up there! But I know what you're thinking; Jerry how comes you're not up there supporting them? Well, although I am not an official member of Greenpeace, I do do some freelance work for them from time to time. Just to make up the numbers. And I was supposed to be among those very few up their today and yesterday but in the end I just had too many commitments. Well the truth is I missed the coach. We had it all planned out, I was going to join them up their to spread the word about global warming, I was even going to perform my latest protest ballad 'Turn It Down to 30' while they read out the manifesto but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

The original plan was to meet the coach at 11am to drive down the the Houses of Parliament but I was still stuck in my local branch of Millets at ten to! I was discussing the best form of spray on waterproofing with the sales assistant and just lost track of time. I'm absolutely gutted as you can imagine, not only did I miss out on sticking one to the man but I spent over £300 on a sleeping bag, ground sheet and a pair of fully lined durable hiking boots. That's a waste in itself. Still there's always eBay. Ridiculous. Anyway my heart goes out to the boys I hope they got the message across, we came up with a right catchy slogan 'Sunshine Bummer'. See it's a play on the phrase sunshine summer. Quite clever actually. It just goes to show that sometimes these big demonstrations really do make a difference. Like the time I was doing my bit for Fathers For Justice, well sort of, actually it was just a Rooftop Halloween party that got a bit out of hand but never mind.

Anyway that's all from me, remember don't fight for your right. (I can't stand violent demonstrations)

Cheers

Jerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment