Friday 11 December 2009

Long time no write!

Hey gang,

I'm sorry it's taken so long to get another message up but I've had a right month of it. There's no rest for the protester. Literally! I did a sponsored stay awake session in demonstration of the cruelty that goes on in the nocturnal section of Chester zoo! Apparently, it's been reported in the papers, the keepers there have been mistreating the likes of bats and owls by messing with their heads. I've heard that they've been leaving the lights on at night and training the cockerels to crow at seven in the evening instead of the morning and frying off bacon at night. It's getting so bad that the foxes are going mental, apparently the other day one of them got caught up in a rope swing. People were saying it was suicide but I think it's more likely that he was just half asleep and didn't see where he was going. 94 hours I stayed up! I was absolutely knackered, it got to the point where I was washing down Pro Plus with Red Bull =, mind you that back fired. I was only supposed to stay awake for 48! I spent the rest of the time wired on the biggest come down ever. Having said that I did spend a lot of my time watching BBC's learning zone, so now I'm quite good at sign language, which works out perfectly for my next campaign. It's a charity attempting to tackle the prejudice that faces people that cannot hear. It's called Deaf Threats. More on that soon.

As well as that I've been helping Children In Need. Not the programme, I've been working at my local remand centre helping to get unruly kids back on the straight and narrow. It's been challenging but ultimately rewarding. I was working with one lad in particular who was in for ABH, nice lad, really good at Boggle. But anyway when I first started there he was a bit unsure but by the end I think I'd won him round. He even said 'The next time I'm gonna deck someone I'll think about you'. Just hearing those words was payment enough. That said, I still charged for my services. Volunteering is a noble profession but it doesn't keep you in dishwasher tablets.

That's all for now, speak soon!

Jerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment