Friday 6 May 2011

Nobody's AVin' any change

Well guys I'm not going to lie to you, I'm depressed.

I've just heard that AV has been outvoted in favour of what's gone before. I'm proper gutted. I'm guessing that it was because people didn't know, didn't care or didn't understand - to be fair, I didn't quite get it myself but I know Cameron was against it and I'm all for sticking it to the man so I voted 'yes'. Well, I wanted to.

Unfortunately it turns out I'm not a registered voter! I know! What rubbish. I live in a flat don't I? I'm British, aren't I? So why can I not vote? It turns out it's because I haven't registered myself. Fair dos. It's not actually my fault though, it's Brillo's fault. Brillo's my flat mate and when we moved in I asked him to sort out the council tax but he obviously forgot. That's fair enough; he's a busy guy - he's currently part of an surreal anti-authority artistic movement, he stands up again oppression using art installations as his weapons. Basically, he runs round shopping centres when he's painted his arse blue. Even so, if he'd sorted out the Council Tax liked I'd asked then I may have been registered in time to vote. It's like I keep saying to him 'smashing the system is all well and good mate, but if you can't even sort a simple piece of accommodational admin then we'll never get anything done.'

Anyway, it's a shame AV didn't make it in as I was trying to tie it in to a new campaign I'm starting up to help raise awareness of intolerance towards deaf and blind people (ie those that are impaired audioally and visually). It was going to be called 'Yes2AV4AV' and the slogan would have been 'see hear!' Anyway I never got it sorted in time, as I was setting up with a deaf lad called Mike Packem but I rang his mobile to finalise details the other week and he never answered. Probably forgot to put it on vibrate. Oh well, there's always next time.


Keep on fighting guys!


Jerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment