Saturday 30 April 2011

A Right Royal Day!

Well guys,

Friday was the Official Royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middle-class (that's just a joke based on the fact she's well off and her name's Middleton). Now as a protester I am dead against the Royal family, so I decided to stage a demonstration against a street party being held near my home in Bristol.

My problem with the Royal family is this: I find the whole thing an elitist and upper-class example of how the bourgeois look down on us and command us to do their bidding. OK a lot has changed in recent years but I find the entire institution an outdated and negative spectacle which sends our modern and multicultural society back into the dark ages.

That said, I had a wonderful day!

I was stood in the middle of the road with my placards* and megaphone trying to drum up some support but no one was having it. Three hours I was there! I almost gave up and went home then Pat from number 32 came out with a bottle of Tuborg and a slice of pork pie! God bless her. I tried to resist at first but then you'd be surprised how moist Melton Mowbray pies are - delicious! Anyway, she invited me round to join her folks and I'll be honest I had a whale of a time! There were cocktails, a buffet and even a paddling pool! Get in! I didn't leave till gone 2am. Wild night!

So this is just a shout out to Pat, Geoff, Nigel, Sue and the kids! Peace to the Benchwood Road massive!

However I still believe the wedding is a symbol of elitist oppression.

Best,


Jerry x

*(the placards read: 'Down with the Uppers' - it was meant to suggest the over-throwing of the higher classes, in retrospect it looked like I was selling A-class narcotics. In fact I was approached several times. Oh and if Speedo Jim is reading this then I hope you found your dealer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment